What do we treat?
There are many types of problems which osteopathy has research evidence to indicate it is an effective treatment of choice.
The two most common problems are notably back pain and neck ache. These areas of the body often suffer from pain and stiffness, as they are vulnerable to strain in our day to day lives.
Problems most commonly treated with osteopathy
- General, acute and chronic backache, back pain (not arising from serious injury of accident)
- Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following serious injury)
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)/migraine prevention
- Muscle spasms
- Arthritic pain
- Rheumatic pain
- Minor sports injuries and tensions
- Generalised aches and pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis
- Frozen shoulder/shoulder and elbow pain/tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Joint pains, lumbago
If you require advice or treatment for any of the above conditions, please call the practice on 01323 723887 to make an appointment or request to speak to Mark Walsh or one of our osteopaths who will return your call at the earliest opportunity.